Shawn Stevens In The Morning

Weekdays 5 a.m. - 10 a.m.

It’s The Vegas Way, Baby!

If you’re flying to “The Wedding Capital of the World” to get married this Valentine’s Day, you can get your marriage license at the baggage claim!

Clark County Clerk, Lynn Marie Goya, will open a temporary marriage license office at Harry Reid International Airport from Thursday, February 2nd through Valentine’s Day.

Get Your Bags And Your Marriage License In One Stop

The temporary office will be located in the airport’s Terminal 1 baggage claim area near Carousel 5 and will be open daily from 8am-4pm. Save even more time by filling out your marriage license pre-application online before you come in for your license. You can find the pre-application on the county clerk’s website here.

What Will You Need To Get Married?

To get a marriage license you should each bring a valid government ID such as driver’s licenses, passports, or state ID cards. If either of you was previously married and divorced, you will need to bring proof of your divorce papers as well. You both must appear together in person at the temporary office with your valid ID and any other necessary paperwork in order to receive a marriage license.

Your marriage license will cost $102 and you can pay by credit or debit card, but there is an additional fee — and checks are not accepted. The license fee must be paid when submitting the application. You both must be 18 years of age or older unless emancipated minors with court approval are involved. Blood tests are not required for couples obtaining their marriage license in Nevada.

So there you have it! If you’re flying to Vegas to make it official this Valentine’s Day weekend, Clark County Clerk Lynn Marie Goya is taking the hassle out of getting your license.

What happens in Las Vegas, can only happen in Las Vegas!

Best wishes!