Now, this is one of my recipes that isn’t as healthy as they usually are. But, hey, sometimes we all need a little bit of comfort food in our lives. We deserve it. There are some ways you can make it a little more healthy. Do wheat pasta or even veggie pasta. This is your kitchen you do what you want!
Don’t let the word spicy scare you either. If you aren’t normally a fan of heat, you can control the heat in this recipe based on the tomatoes or rotel you add.
This is a family favorite. I normally double the recipe because it’s actually even better the next day and my entire family loves it… yes, you read that correctly, I said ‘entire family loves it’ and I live with the worlds pickiest son and husband. Both would live on corndogs if I allowed it.
If you know anything about my recipes its that they are always quick and easy! So lets get cookin!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can rotel (or just diced tomatoes if you don’t want spice)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz of pasta (you can use which ever you prefer. I used rotini)
- 1 cup shredded moterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 1 lb. kielbasa sausage sliced (I used turkey sausage)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a pot on medium high until its hot. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until it smells bomb! about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover pot, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until pasta is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese until melted
- Serve in bowl sprinkle with scallions.